Friday, September 12, 2008

Wikis

I feel like I'm just saying the same thing over and over but again, Idon't really get it. I LOVE Wikipedia-I use it all the time. However, I don't understand how these examples they gave us is really the same thing.
The first thing I did was go straight for the Book Lovers Wiki - but when I clicked on contemporary lit it just had one huge list in alphabetical order. I would have liked it if there was some order by year published as well b/c there were books that were published 10 years ago beside ones that were published yesterday. Then I went to the Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki and this makes a little more sense to me - I think it might be very helpful for programming ideas - IF enough libraries contribute. I can definitely see the benefit for coming up with programming ideas.

No comments: