Saturday, September 13, 2008

I can't believe I actually finished!!!

Seriously, I never though I'd actually finish. I did most of it on my long weekend working, many times between customers. But its done. Hurrah!

Here is what I've learned - I have learned that if you're really going to do this right, you need much more time. You could take a class on each topic. Like for instance - Zoho. I loved this - absolutely thought Zoho was the most brilliant thing I'd ever heard of - but I did not have hardly any time to really learn about it. I will try to go back and play around with it more and really learn enough so that I can feel comfortable offering it to customers, but right now I don't feel quite ready to do that.

There was just so much information packed all together- especially if you did it like I did - got way behind and then did like 4 weeks all at once when you finally finished all those "#%@*" performance management evaluations- that it will be hard to retain it all. I think it would be more effective to have an online training class about one or two specific things and you would set aside the actual training time so you don't feel rushed (as I always did).

It was very valuable information (and fun many times) but I definitely felt much more time was needed than one hour a week. But overall, I will come away knowing about Zoho and a whole lot more about photo manipulators and weird generators than I did before - and a lot of other stuff as well. It was worth it.

As far as life-long learning and how it has helped - It has made me more comfortable just playing around with all different types of technology - and has made me realize if I just click enough links I will eventually find the one that works to put the RSS feed into my blog. :-)

I'm glad I took the course, and yes, I would take others like it if they were offered in the future.

No comments: