Saturday, September 13, 2008

More digital photos

I actually chose Picasa from the list, which is a photo sharing, organizing, and manipulating site. The thing I like about Picasa is that you make it so that every picture you load to the computer goes directly to Picasa. I have a Flickr acct but I have to put everything first to my computer and then from there to Flickr. I don't know what the difference is, but every picture I load to my computer goes directly to Picasa, w/o any middle step. It displays photos so well - so much better than just the normal computer storage. Picasa has a lot of options for 'bettering' photos
like get rid of scratches, red-eye, cropping, etc. You can turn your photos into movies, collages, slideshows and other things. The photo sharing is so much easier and better than other accounts like Flickr, which you have to pay for beyond a certain number and the organization of the photos just can't be beat. In fact, I'm not sure why I even use Flickr when I consider Picasa so much better. I guess just b/c most people I know have Flickr and not Picasa.
So I guess my favorite part of this Web 2.0 thing was playing around with the pictures in different places. I did LOVE using all the photo generator stuff in Flickr so I guess that's better for that.

No comments: